Fall Out. . .In the Living Room

Hi, this week I am posting my Fall décor. . .one room at a time. 

As you enter in the front door directly to the right are a set of French Doors.  Come inside, welcome to our living room.

I’ve decorated the shelf made from half of a vintage door with a few Fall items.

IMG_8031

We added the bead board, the shelf, and mirror last Winter.  I had a lot of fun giving it a touch of Fall. The gourd candle holders I bought at Big Lots years ago.  Back when it was called Pic & Save.  A rustic acorn, and an iron fleur de le complete the vignette.

IMG_8033

A vintage scoop holds painted canvas acorns and chenille corn.

IMG_8034

At the other end of the shelf is a glass pumpkin and a couple of old clocks  to remind us that it’s “Time for Fall”.  I picked up the paper feather in Idaho.

IMG_8035

IMG_8036

A ceramic bowl full of Fall’s harvest sits atop a pumpkin and leaf runner I made.   An Autumn hued tea cup and saucer waiting to be filled.

IMG_8037

rustic meets bling.

IMG_8038

I love this chippy table.  A wire basket holds a few of my Autumn themed plates.

IMG_8044

I love the handmade lace on this estate sale tablecloth find.

IMG_8046

I added a glittered leaf to another coffee filter wreath and hung it from my spindle made into a wreath holder.

IMG_8047

Look at this old Dictionary that I found at D.I. for $4.  Red and aqua, sigh!  The Seasons book has been one of my favorites for years.

IMG_8048

A chalked sunflower stitchery I made a couple of years ago sits atop my vintage green cabinet.

IMG_8042

The cabinet holds my collection of red dishes.  I hung a primitive pumpkin from the door.

IMG_8043

This shelf never photographs very well.  I always seem to get a bit of a glare.

IMG_8041

IMG_8039

IMG_8049

It feels a bit more like Fall here every day.  How about where you live?

Hugs,

Jann

I am sharing with:

Kathe with and e for You're Gonna Love it Tuesday

Knick of Time Tuesday

Faded Charm for White Wednesday

All Star Block Party

Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

23 comments

Patty said...

I love how you've decorated for fall. I'm really inspired to get out my Fall decorations and probably add a few new things to it this year. I really like how you have the plates in the wire basket.

Micupoftea said...

OOoh, ahhh....pumpkins and acorns!? Love the old dictionary too. Have a great week :)
Shawn

Chenille Cottage said...

Dear Jann,
You have created a storybook setting filled with Autumn enchantment, whimsy, color and charm! Oh, what a delightful nest you and your loved ones will enjoy in the coming days.
Thank you for sharing your warm and welcoming home!
Blessings,
Carolynn xo

Gina said...

I enjoyed seeing all your fall touches! Everything looks wonderful! It's so nice to see the warm colors of fall again.

Susie said...

Jann, I love everything you have decorated with. Your home looks so inviting. That's what makes a house a home. Smiles, xo, Susie

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I guess I haven't seen the beadboard, shelf and mirror yet. Totally loving it! The shelf fall goodies fit in well with the white pieces.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

So cute! Love the idea about the clocks reminding us it's time for fall!
Cute!

Unknown said...

I think your fall decorating is wonderful! So country set and beautifully rustic! :) Great job!

Hugs,

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I had to come over and see how you've decorated your FABULOUS mantel shelf for fall! I love it all!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful and very eye-catching!

Lori E said...

I just love your shelf. So substantial and the perfect backdrop for decorating no matter what time of year it is.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I'm loving your Fall decorating. The warm colors of Fall are my favorite.

Margy said...

I love your chippy table too! We have such similar tastes. I don't have my fall stuff out yet but it's time!

The Farmers Daughter said...

Sure looking like fall at your house! Wanna come decorate mine? LOL
Love your ideas!

Elena said...

Your decorations are just beautiful. I love fall. It is my favorite time of year!

Kris said...

Love your pretty Autumn decor! No cooler weather here yet. I do see some subtle changes, but it is still triple digits, and muggy! Just the worst weather for a summer in as long as I can remember. We have to go to Big Bear to escape it every weekend!!!
XO Kris

Kris said...

Love your pretty Autumn decor! No cooler weather here yet. I do see some subtle changes, but it is still triple digits, and muggy! Just the worst weather for a summer in as long as I can remember. We have to go to Big Bear to escape it every weekend!!!
XO Kris

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I got my Fall decor all up, and crates put away...and I am pooped! But I have 3 months to enjoy it...I love Fall...makes me smile!

chateau chic said...

You're ahead of the game. Your fall decor looks lovely!
Mary Alice

Pam said...

Well, you've got me in the autumn decorating mood, Jann! Love all your great fall weather ideas, so warm and cozy...love it! xoxo's Pam

Highland Monkey's said...

Thanks for sharing photos of your home with us. I really like the guord candlesticks arn't they so quirky and cute.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love all of the Fall decorating you have done in this room...so many pretty things to see!!...

Jeannie-JB said...

Love your 'Cottage' Style - the mirror, the painted shutters - love it!

Instagram