For the Love of Decorating. . .

Mercy folks, when you love to decorate like I do the tweaking never ends!

Especially when you have a new (old) piece to work with.

My daughter, Nichole bought this cabinet from a friend months ago.  After sitting in her garage for all that time she called the other day and said, “Mom, do you want that cabinet?  I really have no where to use it.”

Well, let’s just say, she didn’t have to ask twice.

IMG_8210

inside cabinet

Many of you know that I had already decorated my porch for Fall.

Well, let’s do a little tweaking.  I love how nicely it fits on my table.  Isn’t it a great color?

IMG_8208

Just adding the cabinet was not enough.  Because it’s cooled down a bit I thought it was time for pumpkins.

IMG_8203

IMG_8204

Don’t you love the textural interest they give throughout the yard?

IMG_8202

IMG_8209

A sunflower head and pumpkin seem happy tucked in among pots by the garage.

IMG_8217

Mums got moved to new places.  Adding Outdoor Furniture to your porch says, come sit and visit for a while.  Oh wait, I have to move the mum. lol!  Don’t ask me what’s up with that mum on the chair.  It’s been full of buds since I bought it but just doesn’t want to put on a show.

IMG_8205

I kept the rakes ready at hand for any leaves that might fall.  That’s a bit of a joke because none of our trees are very big.

IMG_8215

Now for my newest porch addition.  I was going to wait to hang her with the Halloween décor, but mama was just too anxious!

Look at my new chandy.

She’ll be perfect for Halloween!  I added a glitzy crow dangling from the end.

IMG_8214

I had been wanting one to put out on my porch after visiting a local shop.  She had one just lying on top of an outdoor cupboard.

My sister and I were in Brigham City and we stopped at an antique store.  When I wandered into the back room I spied her.  My heart literally skipped a beat.  Afraid of what he might say, I asked; “How much for the black chandelier?”  He walked back and said, “Oh, I’ll let you have it for $25.  A big fat, S.O.L.D.  When he got it down it was marked $55.  Felt pretty darn good about that!

She was filthy, but after giving her a good scrub and getting her hung I love her!  The only that could make her any better is if she really lit up.

IMG_8218

A few flowers still remain giving a bit of Fall color.

IMG_8200

IMG_8219

How about you, been doing any tweaking lately?

Hugs,

Jann

I will be joining:

Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Knick of Time Tuesday

Cowgirl Up

Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party

Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

41 comments

shannon i olson said...

lovely porch. That first piece is beautiful I am envious!!

Barbara F. said...

Your home is just beautiful, Jann. Love that cabinet. xo

Linda W. said...

wow, you have such a beautiful yard and I love your front porch!

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

You have a wonderful harvest look going on.
The cabinet is wonderful.
Denise

Pamela Gordon said...

Love that turquoise cabinet! Your fall decor looks great and I like all the different pumpkins you've collected. Enjoy!

Leslie said...

I am a tweaker too!! Your porch looks fantastic.

Stephanie said...

Love it! Your porch is so charming and inviting. Absolutely LOVE the cabinet...the color is stunning.

Hugs,
Stephanie

Susie said...

Wow, of course you want that cabinet !! You have decorated so nicely. I am jealous.:):) I will be doing some this next couple weeks. Smiles to you, Susie

Kris said...

Oh Jann, it is perfect!!! I adore it!!! You put your pumpkins in the yard like I do. I scatter them hither and yon, into pots and planters, on tables, by the swing, etc. Love it!!
: ) Kris

Sherry@The BarnQuiltStore Blog said...

Love your front porch & chandy!!
Good job!
♥'s
Sherry

Jill said...

Another person that likes your porch - looks so nice!!

Gina said...

I'm a neverending tweaker too! Your porch looks really wonderful...love the chandy!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Jann I'm LOVING all the details you have put into your porch! And I'd kill for that cupboard!
Great job on making the entrance to your home look so inviting!
Erica :)

Ruby and Arthur said...

Beautiful color on that cabinet! I love that pretty green, Jean

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Great color, stands out so well and looks so great with the pumpkins, I wanna come sit and take it all in!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Very nice cupboard. Some of your pumpkins must be heirloom. Nice color. I also love the buckets on the stand with pumpkins.

The Farmers Daughter said...

Love that cabinet! It's perfect for the porch!

Anonymous said...

I love that cabinet and all your beautiful fall decorating ;)

Linda said...

What an absolutely lovely look for fall! I love your front entrance!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

So inviting. Love it all, and that cabinet is divine.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Hi Jann,
Just want you to know I love your fall porch! The new cabinet looks great on the porch and I love the color! What a find in the chandelier! Perfect for your porch. It all is so welcoming!

Maureen Wyatt said...

I'm as bad as you are for adding to the porch decor. I say it's finished and then I think of something else that would look great. I wish my daughter would call about such a cute cabinet! ~ Maureen

Unknown said...

I love pumpkins for fall, theyre just so special! :D Love!

hugs,

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Sweeeeet! I love that turquoise cabinet. I think it would look great on my porch... you know... if you find you don't have room for it any more.

Cathy and Paul @One Creative Couple said...

Love the addition of the cabinet to your porch - especially with its great pop of color!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love that cabinet...how nice of your daughter to give it to you and what great idea to place it on the porch...your porch is so beautiful....so many wonderful touches of Fall.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Of course you wanted that cabinet...Gorgeous!! You fall decorating looks fabulous! I have not done any yet, cripes I am waiting for the temps to fall below 90 here in Orlando to get the decorating urge!

Carol

Chenille Cottage said...

What a warm and welcoming porch you have designed, Jann. Oh, how I love every detail...from your black crows to the lovely blue cabinet. Just look at all the wonderful Autumn colors...orange, gold, purple....Ahh!
Thank you for sharing this delightful taste of Fall, my sweet friend!
Blessings,
Carolynn xo

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Oh, my, I would have took the cupboard as well! I can think of so many uses for that one! The chandelier is a beauty! i am a fan of pumpkins and gourds, too. I love the different varieties and they are one of my favorite parts of fall! Your porch looks really nice. And your yard is still so full of life and blooms!
Blessings,
Susie

Diana LaMarre said...

What a great cabinet to use in your fall decorating. I love the color. I have been tweaking my fall/halloween dinner table and a few other vignettes inside.

Cynthia said...

Great vignette. The porch looks wonderful.

Cynthia

Joanne said...

Your porch is lovely...very inviting. Here, I am not doing much tweaking...just cleaning!
Blessings, Joanne

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Love the chandelier, Jann! Awesome price too :D

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

LOL You have soooooo much going on it is amazing! Love everything!

Put some icecubes in that reluctant mum in the chair instead of water and tell her to 'get with the program! " :)

Fran said...

Such a lovely porch! You've decorated it so beautifully. I LOVE the color of the cabinet, what a fun piece. :) --Fran

Nann said...

Hey girlfriend....I was driving by your house today and couldn't help but notice your darling front porch and your fun blue armoire. And all your decorating out there. Beautiful!! I only wish I had your talent!! But since I don't I need you to drive by my house and tell me what to do with my front walk since its so ill balanced. I'm trying to find big huge mums to balance it out. Costco has some but I think they are the wrong color yellow! Look forward to your visit soon. N

andrea@townandprairie said...

Oh, it's adorable, and I love the contrast of the turquoise vs the orange pumpkins!

Rose Garden Malevik said...

woow,your home is really beautiful:)
and do not miss.....

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

last week it was 109lovley blogs...it is FUN :)
WELCOME
HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

Victoria Lavender said...

You are just having too much fun! Your yard is a riot of color. I just love coming here to see what you are up to next!

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

You just got featured at cowgirl up
http://cedarhillranch.blogspot.com/2012/10/cowgirl-up-linky-party-35.html#more

Grab a featured button if you like.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Hello Jann, your porch is decorated so pretty for Fall. Love the cabinet and the color is caling my name.

Instagram