Primp Your Pumpkin!

After visiting my friend, Gina’s blog, Random Thoughts from an Incoherent Mind  I found out about the Primp Your Pumpkin party.  You MUST go read Gina’s post if you want a good laugh.  Her pumpkins are not nearly as bad as she thinks they are, but oh she is too funny!

pumpkin p

I have not bought any pumpkins yet and didn’t have a faux one that I wanted to primp so I am cheating (just a little) and showing two that I decorated for my mantel last year.

Nothing fab, but I sure got a lot of comments about them.  I think it was because it was before very many people had seen the bling you could buy for pumpkins.

IMG_3627_thumb[8]

I purchased the pot with the silver bling for 50% off.  The one with orange I created by adding a strip of sticky tape and then sprinkling it with orange glitter.   I added a straw banner and a tag to the tall pumpkin and just a bit of purple tulle to both.  Grey moss is eerily hanging out over the pots.

How about you?  Have you primped any pumpkins lately?

I’ll leave you with a pic of the entire mantel.

IMG_3603_thumb[8]

Please come back later today and link up to Share Your Cup.  I would love to have you!

Hugs,

Jann

14 comments

Debbiedoos said...

Perfecto Jann! Glad you joined us sweet lady. Always a pleasure to see what you are up to. Thanks again!

Linda said...

You know I am "decorating-challenged", so my pumpkin is a plastic one with an electric bulb in it...I set it out by the front window every year, faithfully! Last year, we did take the youngest grandson to the pumpkin patch where he picked out several of them...we just set them on the stoop. See...aren't I clever?

Barbara F. said...

These are beautiful, Jann. Love the pots they are sitting on. xo

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh my...what a great mantel...love the garland of the moon and and the starts...!!!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

These are great Jann! I live the bling. My creative juices are flowing this year for some reason.

Shirley Hatfield said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Isn't fun to decorate for Halloween? It makes me want to go dig out some extra pumpkins and pimp them out! Thanks, Jann, for the fun post! =D

Gina said...

Now those are perfectly primped pumpkins, unlike my disasters! lol

Not only are the pumpkins pretty, but the pots are as well. I love how your whole mantel looked! Now you're gong to inspire me to decorate my mantel for Halloween, which I've never done before.

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi Jann...You can never have too much glitter-bling-sparkle when it comes to decorating for holidays. I sure like the swirly patterns you added to your pumpkins...Very cute!
Have a happy day, my sweet friend,
Carolynn xo

The Farmers Daughter said...

Love the bling!

Micupoftea said...

Oh, what fun! Fall decorating. MY fav time of year. Your mantel looks so festive :)

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

oh my goodness love that spooky mantel!

Ricki Treleaven said...

LOVE your mantel....it is over the top!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Fun! I'm going to link up to this and I'll cheat, too! ♥

Victoria Lavender said...

Ha Ha! Too much fun! I love peeking at your posts. You've always got something to inspire me. Today I'm goin' out to find pumpkins! Fall isn't "happening" in Tucson yet, the big places that sell pumpkins aren't open...but I'm searching anyway.
hugs, Victoria Lavender

Instagram