Quilt Show Vignettes. . .

Hi my friends,  boy has it ever been a busy week.

Yesterday was the annual quilt show of the “Dog Kennel Girls’ quilt guild.  I was up until 1:00 the night before binding a quilt.

This is a guild that I have been a member of for years.  It is an outdoor show attended by many.  It’s the hi-lite of our year.

I thought I would share with you the cute vignettes that were set up.

Diana created this fun laundry day scene.

Laundry Day

IMG_7943

Doesn’t this one make you want to pack a lunch and go on a picnic?

IMG_7969

It was set up by Susann.

IMG_7972

This one looks as though it came straight from grandma’s attic.  It was created by Rae Ann.  Missed getting a pic of her.

IMG_7952

Judy displayed this sweet baby quilt on a vintage high chair and her Americana one on a wagon seat bench.

bench

I was going for the “Straight from the Farm” look for my vignette.  Just so happens that I found the perfect spot, under an apple tree.

IMG_7939

Amanda created a vintage scene with this ironing board.  She was wearing a darling apron, what happened to it?  Must have taken it off for the pic.

IMG_7968

IMG_7953

This fish themed quilt looks right at home on this boat shelf.

IMG_7955

Diana set this one up also.  She had all kinds of old fishing items. 

IMG_7956

Diana with this cute number perched upon a birdhouse bench.

IMG_7940

It’s hard to tell, but this quilt has a bit of cherry fabric in it.  Look at this darling chair my friend, Joyce painted.

IMG_7938

I don’t even have to ask.  “Yes, this apron does make me look fat!”  Ha-ha, couldn’t be the body under it!  lol!

Hope you enjoyed our vignettes.

I will be posting a few posts about our show on our blog

http://www.kennelgirls.blogspot.com/ .  If you’d like to see more we’d love for you to hop over and visit.

Hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Sunny Simple Life for Sunny Simple Sunday

Little Red House for Mosaic Monday

32 comments

Salmagundi said...

What a great idea for a quilt show - loved all of the vignettes. I also checked out the blog site for your quilt group -- makes me miss when my quilt group was active. No one in my group quilts except for my occasional project, but we still get together to talk and eat. Great post! Sally

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed all those beautiful quilts and how they were displayed. Very envious!! My mom is a quilter but I never caught the bug...sewing was not my thing...I received a D in Home Ec/Sewing class...really. These are so lovely and cheerful...thank you so much for taking the time to share.

Linda W. said...

LOVE all the beautiful quilts! Thanks so much for sharing.

Peg said...

Jann, you and all your quilting friends are darling and very talented. The quilts were beautiful and lunch was yummy. I was so glad I got to be there. Thanks for all that hard work and sharing it with me and many other friends.

Peg said...

Jann, you and all your quilting friends are darling and very talented. The quilts were beautiful and lunch was yummy. I was so glad I got to be there. Thanks for all that hard work and sharing it with me and many other friends.

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Gorgeous quilts and adorable vignettes!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Gorgeous quilts are among my favorite things. These are spectacular! LOVE them. Thanks for sharing your pretty quilt mosaics from the quilt show!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

The laundry tub of vegetables and the sunflower head and the watering can made for a dandy quilt diplay. Beautiful quilt.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

That is one adorable quilt show...I would have been squealing!!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Love your quilt and how you displayed it under that beautiful tree.

Blessings,
Linda

Stephanie said...

Beautiful, just beautiful! I love the last quilt. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Blessings to you,
Stephanie

Joanne said...

What lovely quilts!...a lot of love went into all of them I am sure.
Blessings, Joanne

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Fun to see all the quilts and how nicely they are displayed. I bet you had a wonderful day!

Kris said...

That apron does NOT make you look fat!!! I love the quilt show done the way you all did it. Such a fresh idea!!!! Beautiful quilts!!!!!
XO Kris

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I love the set up for the quilts~ It just adds so much. All the quilts are so beautiful and so are you- you are not fat at all!...crazy lady! Your quilt is gorgeous- it loojs like it was a lot of work. I love the colors and that edging fabric is just so sweet- Blessings to you- xo Diana

Gina said...

The quilts are all so lovely and I especially love the vignettes which showcase them so beautifully!

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Y'all make me insanely jealous. What beautiful handiwork... and you're all so beautiful, too!

A Garden of Threads said...

Loved the vignettes. The quilts are so beautiful and the stages are perfect for each story. Off to visit the blog.

mimi_62 said...

Can't believe you got "untired" so fast. The pictures are beautiful. You did a great job. I know how much time it took to get pictures of everything. You are truly committed.

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful quilts! Talented ladies. Thanks for sharing and for your sweet visit and comment. Have a lovely Sunday.

Unknown said...

I love all the quilts! Yours is just beautiful, the many happy colours are lovely! :D

Hugs,

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh, what fun, Jann...and, a whole lot of work, too! I absolutely loved each beautiful quilt so neatly tucked into it's own charming vignette. Of course, you know me and my love for RED! Those ones, especially, caught my fancy!
I love...love...love all your pretty aprons! You all looked so adorable...and, NO, Jann...Your apron didn't make you look fat!
You are as cute as a button!
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs from Bend,
Carolynn xo

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh Jann, the quilts! How divine!

What a neat way to show them, everyone looks like they did a perfect job and stayed with themes.

SO SO clever, and what talent, WOW!

You look WONDERFUL!

Linda said...

These are simply gorgeous! I love the way they were displayed...great job!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

All of the quilt vignettes are just gorgeous!...I am in awe of all of the extremely talented quilters!!...

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

oh I love all these quilts! But the display idea is truly original...they are just awesome!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They are all just beautiful! LOVE the American quilt and the last one with cherries! You don't look fat because you're NOT! You look adorable...and happy! Thanks for sharing your fun! It makes me smile!

Tami Von Zalez said...

Really amazing work - thank you for sharing the post.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Victoria Lavender said...

Hi Jann, What a fun Post! Such beautiful quilts and cool event. Thanks for sharing with us.
Take care, Victoria Lavender

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Truly works of art. Beautiful work. Valerie

Vee said...

Love a quilt show and these were all wonderful. The watermelon quilt makes me want a big old chunk right now. And the last one is so darling. Well, I refuse to select a favorite because they are all so terrific. Thanks for sharing them all and they were, indeed, beautifully displayed.

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Jann, what a lovely spot for a quilt show. All of the vignettes were so creative -- so much more imagination than just hanging them all in rows.

Debra

Instagram