A Little Bit Rustic. . .A Little bit Romantic Santa Mantle

>Hello my friends,
welcome to Day 3 of 'Creating Christmas' link party.
 
 
Today Cecilia
will show us how rustic and romantic go hand in hand.
 
Hop over and link your rustic and romantic posts on her blog.
 
 I looked around to see what I might share that had a bit of a rustic feel, with a touch of romance.  I decided that my Santa mantle filled the bill.
 
The $5 scale I scored at a thrift shop in CA. . .rustic.
The glitter houses from T.J. Maxx. . .romantic.
 
 
I can't decide whether this sweet deer frolicking in the forest is rustic or romantic.  Maybe a little bit of both?

 
 
 
Shiny Brites strung on a piece of jute as a garland. . .definitely romantic!  :)
 

 
 
My chippy red and aqua stool is a little rustic, but somehow the colors and chippiness carry it over into romantic for me.
 

 
This photo has a touch of mystical romance, if you ask me.




My giant ever so glittery Santa definitely leans towards the romantic side.
 
It's hard to tell just how glittery he is in photos.


 
Whether it's rustic or romantic, it makes our Christmas home feel warm and cozy.
 
Especially when the fire is blazing!

 
Here's a closer look at my sweet pinecone elves on the hearth.  They are one of my favorite vintage Christmas collections.  I just love their sweet faces! Buried under that sprinkling of snow, is another rustic scale.
 
 
My cute deer with her fabulous fur collar leaves us with a touch of romance.

 
 
Rustic and Romantic a match made in heaven!
 
Remember that the linky party will remain open until Dec. 24th.
 
Continue to link up your 'Shabby Christmas' over at
 
and your 'Handmade Christmas' at
 
Tomorrow I will be sharing my love for dishes in
'A Dish Addicts Christmas'
 
Hope you will link up and share.  I know there are plenty of dish addicts out there, like me!
 
Merry Christmas,
Jann
 
 
 

20 comments

Stacey said...

It's perfection! Love all the layers of goodness.

Jocelyne said...

Wow! Your mantle is just beautiful. I love it. Love the scales, and how you used them. It all goes so perfect together. Rustic and Romantic...Maybe you'll start a new decorating trend!

Rose L said...

Of course you would have such a perfect mantle, would expect nothing less. I do not have a mantle so one less decoration to do!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Jann you have got to have the greatest finds. I never see this kind of stuff like you have for Christmas decor and that $5 scale with the gold dial is perfect. I'm headed over to see what Cecilia has got going on for Christmas. Have a awesome day my friend.
xoxo Jo

Junkchiccottage said...

Just beautiful Jann.
xoxo
Kris

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love it all! Your houses are so cute. Love the deer too!

Sarah said...

Jann, I smile at the thought of all the fun you must be having. Darling little houses!

Dori said...

Wow, one of the prettiest mantles I've seen. Love, love, love it. You are so creative! Wish I would stumble upon some of your great finds. Thanks for sharing.
Dori

Louca por porcelana said...

What a beautiful mantle!Your home is adorable!Hugs.

happyone said...

I love those glitter houses! : )

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh my goodness Jann, I have so enjoyed seeing your, Shabby, Rustic and Romantic and Handmade creations!!! You are sooooo talented and creative. I love, love your quilts, and those spice container creations for your friends are adorable. You are amazing!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your decorations are all so sweet, Jann! I remember having some of those pine cone elves in my childhood. I'd love to find them again. The glitter houses are also blasts from the past. I bought a few little ones to hang on my tree.

My thrift store addiction said...

Be still my heart that vintage ornament garland is perfection! Love your deer and romantic houses too!

Jeanie said...

I'm almost ready to post my decked halls. Envious of yours! I especially adore that shiny brite garland. A wonderful idea for another year!

mjmaterazo said...

i love it! and that $5 scale find is an amazing score. xo- maryjo

Debby Goes Shabby said...

Jann

Love your mantel, so much fun! Makes me smile, especially Jolly Oh Saint Nick, smiling back!

So much fun!

Debby
Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Your entire mantel is so enchanting Jann. I imagine myself as a small child being picked up to look more closely at each and every pretty thing you've placed there. Magical. And TJ Maxx for your glitter houses? They are fantastic!
Hugs to you my friend and may God hold you tight in His arms this season.
Patti

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I think you nailed the rustic and romantic! Everything looks so beautiful - I l love all of the little vignettes you've created. On another note, prayed for you yesterday and continue to pray.

Kim said...

Jann, I just know that I'd get lost in all your beautiful decor if I came to visit. Every space seems filled with so many wonderful treasures. I bet your grandkids have a ball looking at all of it. Merry Christmas!!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
I love this mantle!!! So sweet!!! Love the Putz houses..
Hugs,
Debbie

Instagram