Peter Rabbit and Friends. . .



Hello my friends,
have you seen the new 'Peter Rabbit' movie?

We just got home from taking one of our granddaughters to see it.  A bit corny in places, but the kid in me loved it!





I decided it was the perfect time to share my 'Peter Rabbit' themed mantle.

It's a combination of both rabbit tales and rabbit tails.  :)  The story takes place in where else but, Mr. McGregor's Garden.

We all know that those mischievous rabbits climbed under that garden gate more times than we can count.  Of course, Peter always led the way!

Had they tried to climb over, they may have lost a tail or two. (wink)




Those furry little critters have had my heart for as long as I can remember.

Look at those faces.  I'm sure they will make their way in to yours as well!






I painted these wooden figures years ago, but I still love them.

Mr. McGregor's garden has the most delicious cabbages, cauliflowers, and carrots  How could a rabbit resist?

His watering can is holding a pretty paper white and I tucked a tiny storybook inside.  Two more old story books of the Tales of Peter and his friends were added to the mantle display.





Along with big fat juicy cabbages.


Last week I went junkin with a friend.  I picked up this garden plaque at a thrift shop for $1.  I washed it up and intended on
taking it out to the garden shed.  But then I thought,
"why not add it to the mantle?"


It reads, "A dedicated gardener dwells within".  Mr McGregor certainly was a dedicated gardener; as am I (wink)

Those silly rabbits tuck their carrots into the most comical places!
I have a plate to match the cup, but it was too much the same size as the plaque


The paper mache egg was another thrift find I picked up last year.
I can never resist Peter.  He's just so adorable!


Hubby was a dear and traipsed out into the snow to retrieve my old weathered gate from our garden.  It's time worn, and only a tad of white paint remains.
I just knew it would be the perfect addition to my "Peter and Friends' mantle!

I hope you enjoyed this tale, or should I say tail?

hugs,

I will be sharing with these fun parties:

21 comments

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I love it Jann! I like how you incorporated Peter Rabbit plates and memorabilia too. I'm gonna say great minds think alike here cuz I've been working on a Peter Rabbit mantle for over a week, but mine is more garden and less Peter. Your blog posts are always inspiring.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jann, how cute!! I can tell you had a lot of fun planning this! No I have not seen the movie, had thought about it though. Your Peter Rabbit paper mache egg is wonderful!

Jeanie said...

I am SUCH a sucker for bunnies! This mantle is adorable -- Peter has such charm! I love your painted rabbits -- wonderful! This just gives me big smiles!

Bernideen said...

Dear Jann:
I do love your mantle and the bunnies - you did a great job painting them! It all looks very spring which we are so ready for!

happyone said...

I like the little bunnies that you painted. Really Cute!

Dawn@Petals.Paper.SimpleThymes said...

So sweet, Jann! Your Peter Rabbit mantle is a breath of Springtime! I love the colors, all the bunnies, and your great garden plaque find. Yesterday I was planning to pack away all of my folk art snowmen and do some Spring decorating. Our temperatures soared to 63 degrees, a very rare treat for February! So, I took two long walks in the sunshine instead.😊 Today is cooler and cloudy, a perfect day to decorate with eggs, baskets, and bunnies here. Each day is one step closer to Springtime! Sending sunny thoughts your way, Jann!💗

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Cute mantel decor! I love Peter Rabbit! I need to get some Easter stuff out soon!

Maristela Guilherme said...

Ficou linda a sua decoração.
bjs

Creations By Cindy said...

What a darling mantle Jann. I love all the Easter things. Some really pretty things out in the stores now. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

GranthamLynn said...

Oh I love it. I was/am planning a party for my grandson.
I wasn't planning on doing the mantle but you've inspired me.
I am hoping to do my small little garden too for a fun photo shoot.
I love all your treasures. I have been collecting bunnies for years too.
I am linking my Wordless Wednesday post. There is a bunny sneaking into the photo!
Thanks for sharing your fun mantle.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Jann
Your painted rabbits are very pretty and timeless! We haven't seen the Peter Rabbit movie as yet, but might take our oldest granddaughter to see it next week.

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jann, that's the BEST Peter Rabbit vignette I think I've ever seen! From the worn fence gate, to the poms, to painted figures (adorable!), to all the veggies, cans, etc.....I just love it. Love it.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Your mantle is perfect for Peter Rabbit and Spring! I took my two granddaughters to see the movie and your mantel highlights the best parts. We loved it. I love your hand painted rabbits too.

Sarah said...

Jann, your mantel is charming. I'm a fan of Peter Rabbit and the garden! Your garden sign was a great find!
I have a new post that I will link in the morning. Thanks for hosting.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh Jann, your mantle is just too, too cute! I love the Peter Rabbit theme, and those wooden rabbits that you painted are adorable. I love the wooden fence and all the veggies, and other adornments, as well. I may have to borrow a few of those cute ideas.

Ksunshine52 said...

The mantle is so cute and happy looking! Giving me inspiration! I'm surprised you jumped ahead though. What happened to St. Patrick's Day?

Melissa said...

Your Peter Rabbit mantle is adorable! I loved reading all the Beatrix Potter/Peter Rabbit books when I was growing up, not only because of the stories but also for the charming illustrations. Nothing more irresistible than a naughty bunny!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I didn't even know there was a new Peter Rabbit movie, but I've seen all the old ones. I love the stories and the drawings by Beatrix Potter and I think your mantel is adorable.

Katie Mansfield said...

I just love this. Come over to see it featured on Tuesday at Keep In Touch.
Katie
Let's Add Sprinkles

Christine at Little Brags said...

Ohhh I just love that fence and the pom poms.....Super awesome!!!

Joanne said...

I have not yet seen the movie but it looks adorable and was one of my favorite stories growing up. I love your mantle and could immediately tell what the theme was. So clever! Pinned.

Instagram