Celebrating Autumn. . .

Today was the official first day of Autumn.

What better way to celebrate than by throwing a party?

The woman in my family use to get together quite often for what we called, “A woman’s party”.  We all brought a gift to exchange and a potluck food item.

The older we get some of our traditions have fell by the wayside.

Distance and age keep us from seeing each other as much as we’d like.

I decided to throw one last Hurrah before the snow flies.  Yes, here in Utah it won’t be long.

I wanted to keep it simple and let the garden do the decorating for me.

IMG_8148

You can’t go wrong with Zinnias and blue vintage jars and bottles.

IMG_8151

IMG_8150

Appetizers were set up inside then taken outdoors when everyone arrived.

IMG_8152

An old wheelbarrow works great as a drink station.  Can’t believe I missed getting a pic of the wonderful food table.

IMG_8147

We had a great turn out.

IMG_8153

IMG_8154

IMG_8155

None of us like having our picture taken, but it was a must!

The girls, as mom always called us:  Me, Jeanne, Julie, Dolores, and Joanne.

DSCF0694

Me and my girls

DSCF0703

We couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful day.  The weather was perfect and boy did we have great food and good laughs.

My sister, Jeanne brought a lot of family photo albums that we enjoyed.

I thank God for being part of such a fun family!

Hope you had a wonderful first day of Autumn!

Hugs,

Jann

I will be partying with:

Sunny Simple Life for Sunny Simple Sunday

Alderberry Hill for Make the Scene Monday

Fishtail Cottage for Garden Party

How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday

23 comments

Pam said...

What a wonderful party! Everything looks and feels so festive...Love everything. xo's Pam

Kris said...

What a beautiful family Jann!! We do stuff like that too. It is fun!!!
XO Kris

Linda W. said...

Looks like a fabulous party! And you have wonderful friends and family.

Barbara F. said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate the first day of fall. It must be so nice to have a lot of sisters. Love the wheelbarrow holding drinks. xo

Pollyanna said...

What a great event ... getting together with the girls is always amazing! Your yard look amazing, and loved the wheelbarrow cooler as well!

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Love the zinnias and the glass containers!

Diane Writes said...

Yay! The flowers, great food and the company of great women. I enjoyed this post and you make me feel that Christmas is coming soon.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Time spent with family! Your garden looks gorgeous, what a fun day it must of been.

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

How lovely to have your family together -- and just the girls! Splendid idea!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You sure are a beautiful bunch of ladies! I haven't seen a member of my family in years....what a blessing to be able to get together with everyone! Happy Sunday!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Your table was really fun with the zinnias in jars and aqua glass on the pedestal. You have pretty girls, Jann.

allisamazing said...

What a great idea! It looks like such a fun time :)

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Looks like alot of fun and what a beautiful family you have

I love the drink station! What a great idea!

Rose L said...

It is so great to be able to get together with family. Mine are all so far away and I so miss the gatherings. I have not seen them in 8 years.

Chenille Cottage said...

Hello Sunshine! What a beautiful family you have and how nice that you are all able to spend quality time together. I can see just why you moved to Alpine. I would want to be right there with those I love, too!
Your garden is the perfect "ballroom" for parties, family gatherings and celebrations. All your colorful flowers are God's special way of smiling on each one of you.
Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I just love it when you come and visit!
Big hugs across the miles,
Carolynn xoxo

poppilinnstudios said...

What a great day, Jann! Happy Fall!

Ruthie Miller said...

So great to get all the gals together. Love and support and caring. You were good to do that. I love your centerpiece with the single zinnias and the railroad glass insulator. Cool way to use that. I have the same one on a shelf in my bedroom.
Come on over and visit me at:http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com
Ruthie

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

What a fun time it looks like you had. How fortunate the women are to have you to gather them together!
Liz

Stephanie said...

How fun! It looks like everyone had a nice time. And I love the wheelbarrow...great idea!

Blessings,
Stephanie

Little Susie Home Maker said...

The thing that struck me most is your wheel-barrel turned cooler! love it!

daisy g said...

Love the combo of zinnias and the blue glass. So vintage!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful family! Visiting from Pink Saturday.

My PINK
Have a fun weekend!

Rose

LV said...

A perfect way to spend a perfect day.

Instagram