Fall touches in the bedroom. . .

Hi, today was such a beautiful day and boy is it ever starting to cool down drastically in the evening.

I’m a bit sad to say farewell to summer, but sure love the cooler weather for sleeping.

Today I am sharing my bedroom with you.  Really though, it has not come together quite like I imagined.  I had big plans, but they kind of petered out.  Well, more like I kind of petered out. lol!  Decided that I just had too many other things to work on right now.

I did get the quilt I made on the bed, but my pillow accessories are just so, so. I really need to make some cute pillow cases.  Not happening right now so I just used a bit of what I had around the house.

IMG_8104

IMG_8106

IMG_8105

The wall behind my bed is painted yellow, Colonial Ivory by Benjamin Moore.  I had a large canvas picture of poppies hanging above my bed.  I knew that it would need to be switched out with something that went a bit better with my  quilt.  My first thought was to buy a canvas, paint it black, and then stencil words onto it.  I realized that I didn’t have any black paint, but I did have chalkboard paint.  From there I painted it with the chalkboard paint and used chalk pens.  A quick and easy subway art that I will be able to change out for different seasons.  I felt like it needed a little something more so I added the glitzy maple leaf.  Still think maybe more, but just not sure what.

IMG_8107

A couple of things I already had in the room that worked fine for Fall were my burlap wreath and my glass hurricane with the red and yellow wooden balls.

IMG_8111

IMG_8110

I have a large red cabinet that I have a burlap garland hanging on.  I thought I would redo the top of it.  It now has poppy and bird décor.  Haven’t gotten around to it yet.

IMG_8112 

Don’t you hate it when things don’t come together quite like you imagined?  I do, but sure not going to stress over it.  There’s always next year.

I’ll still be having sweet dreams during these cooler nights.

Hugs,

Jann

20 comments

Chenille Cottage said...

What a snuggly nest for these crisp Autumn nights. Your quilt is a masterpiece, my sweet friend! You have designed each detail to a tee. Your Fall decor...room by room is so artistic and original.
Thank you for sharing your charming home over this past week. I've loved each and every post!
Warmest wishes,
Carolynn xo

Susan said...

I think your room came together very nicely! What a beautiful quilt you made!

Linda said...

I love the quilt, and that chalkboard art piece you did - so clever! I think your room looks lovely!

priscilla said...

Your new quilt is beautiful, ( wish I could quilt :) !) ! Love the chalkboard piece also , I think the room looks great !

Leslie said...

I love the quilt!!! Gorgeous. The fall chalkboard is a fantastic touch!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

What a pretty quilt to snuggle under. I never have put in fall in my bedroom. Love your choice for above the bed!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Jann, love your bed. The quilt is wonderful and the sign is really cute.

Susie said...

Jann, The quilt pops on that big old bed perfectly. I like that black canvas idea. I too give out before my projects get completed. I have been busy helping my daughter paint her new house...I have never painted so much so hard and be getting no where so fast. I am running out of steam. I just want to be done with it. You'll jump back into the BR decor I am sure. Thinking of you, smiles, Susie

Stephanie said...

The cooler months of Fall are so refreshing. Your quilt is BEAUTIFUL! And the chalk board looks perfect above your bed.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I think it looks great....I think the problem with the subway art is the orange color is not bright enough....that was a great idea....your quilt is gorgeous...but of course it is....
I think your room will be exactly what you want...just keep tweaking...I wish I could put my hand through the pictures and show you a couple of ideas.....

Kris said...

Morning Jann. I love the beautiful Fall quilt!!! And I LOVE the subway art!!!!!!
XO Kris

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the Fall colors and your bedroom looks so inviting and lovely. I never quit tweaking...I keep moving things around until it's time to pack them up! lol

The Farmers Daughter said...

I'm a quilt person--so my eyes go straight to the bed! Beautiful fall quilt!

Rose L said...

Love the quilt!!! Do you have Adam and Eve leaves in the bedroom? LOL

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

The black board with the fall theme is a great idea, and oh my how wonderful your quilt is! I'm a bit jealous that you have good sleeping weather. Maybe, if I'm lucky by late December we'll have a bit of that. I hope so! Thanks for your take on the chalk paint on my blog. I did notice that I usually need more water than the recipe I was using called for, and then the last time I did it, it came out completely differently than the other times. I wonder if humidity plays into it. I'm beginning to get used to using the chalk paint now too and am liking it better. Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment!
Liz

Melanie said...

That quilt is just lovely! Love what you have done, the subway art is fabulous! I have enjoyed this tour so much, it has been filled with inspiration!

Elena said...

I love your quilt it is just so pretty!

Sweet Peas said...

Your quilt is very pretty. I am wanting to make a chalkboard, just have to find time to do it!! New follower to your blog :)

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Jann,

Your carved headboard is spectacular! And the quilt adds an extra boost of vintage charm. Enjoy the crisp evenings with restful sleep.

Debra

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Looks beautiful!! That bed is spectacular!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Instagram